Tuesday, March 16, 2010

ENGAGED!!!

I by far have the best proposal story EVER!! (I am sure Greg was ALL the brains behind the amazing night. Right Ash, Erin, Amy, and others who wer hiding in the trees :)) First off, around the beginning of March, Greg and I decided we were going to get married and both thought August would be a good time but because my brother Austin had just got his mission call and was leaving June 9th, we decided to push the wedding up so that Austin would be there. I have never been the girl to dream about a big extravaggent wedding. However...I have always dreamed about the big extraveggent ring. Poor Greg--he had NO idea at this point! So the next day I spent my days looking at rings deciding what I liked. It did not take to long and I found just the thing! So off I went to the Jewler. My friend referred me to a guy so I took my idea and met with him. All while Greg was at work (don't worry, I did ask what my budget was)
I work fast! I ordered the ring that day, told Greg, and then told Greg to bring his check book and we would pick it up the next week. It could not have worked out better (and I did not even exceed my budget and got JUST what I wanted). Of course after we picked up the ring, Greg let me wear it all the way home but then took it. He said he had paid for it so he got it--RUDE! So for weeks every time I went to Gregs house I would search high and low for that ring. I even found it a couple times. I tried hiding it in my shirt, sneaking it out in my purse. One time I even took the ring out and left the empty box, just to see how long it would take Greg to figure it out. (I think I am funny) But really Greg was having the last laugh. Weeks went by and he still was NOT proposing, I just wanted my ring.

One night, I was at a baby shower for Gregs cousin and Erin, Gregs twin sister ask me if I wanted to go check out this place in Salt Lake called Memory Grove.  Of course I suspected something. I mean,  really its me, I  suspected EVERYTHING. However, the closer we got I talked my way out of it more and more. We got out of the car and started down the path at Memory Grove. I was of course babbling away and did not even notice the path of rose peddles, and candles leading to a lantern, and dozen roses with an envelope attached with MY name on it. As I started up the path, Erin disappeared. 


So I opened the envelope and of course grabbed my flowers. The card inside said "Top 5 Reasons Why I Love You" then listed reason #1. As I walked around Memory Grove I found five more dozen roses and 5 more rose/candle pathways with the #2,#3,#4, and #5 reasons why Greg loves me! ( I wonder a year later if there are still 5??)
 
At the end there was a bridge  and at the end of the bridge was a huge rock starcase. I started up the staircase.
As I got close to the top there were hundreds (well almost) of candles and out walked (hobbled, on crutches) GREG!!! He made me stand up on a ledge beacuse he could not kneel with his crutches and torn ACL/MCL knee. He proposed, I said yes!!
And then, he said, we need to hurry, we have reservations at LaCaille. So we booked it up to LaCaille where I was met with 2 more dozen roses and a yummy yummy dinner!
After dinner we returned to my house where I found some secret surprises (like peas and red bull) hiding everywhere. And then Greg surprised me even more by giving me a Tiffany's bracelet. I was SO excited! Still am--in fact I think I am ready for another surprise like that Greg!
It was really the best night ever. Greg put alot of thought and effort into the proposal and thank you to those who helped to the night perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment