Monday, July 12, 2010

4th of July, SAN ANTONIO style!!!!

Gregs parents are currently on a mission in San Antonio. So Greg and I met his twin sister Erin and her little family in San Antonio for 4th of July weekend to visit Doug and Lucy.  It was a short trip that required as much car time as vacation time. But...it was lots of fun and so good to see everyone.  They were having a Alcoholics Annonymous convention in San Antonio that weekend. Therefore, we had to share the riverwalk with 70,000 recovering alcholics. I was keeping my eye on their drinks, It would be pretty daring to sneak something. But, I still had my eye on them :) It was SO crowded, we were trying to manuever a double stoller through the narrow riverwalk with 70,000 PLUS other tourists. We had yummy Mexican food and went for a boat ride down the river. It was so hot and muggy that I was tempted to fall out of the boat to cool off. I do love the heat, and San Antonio was a neat place but it makes me really really like dry heat. I am a baby when it comes to humitity!!



One of the best finds on the Riverwalk was ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHOCOLATE factory and their caramel apples!! This is how excited Erin and I are waiting for our apples!!
By the way, the dang guy in the back ground, cut in front of us. I even said loud enough for him to hear, "I love when people cut in front of me, take a picture of him." Yet, it did not deter him, he still set his chocolate on the scale, shoved us aside, and walked off, not even phased, chocolate in hand!!

Greg and Ellie!!

 HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!!!!

We jumped in the car and made our long trip home!! It was kind of fun to be trapped in a car with Greg for 16 hours.  He had no where to RUN--hahaha!! He could not even study, beacuse he would get car sick, instead I had his undivided attention! It was GREAT! Although, we were excited to get out of the car finally when we got home and were perfectly fine having alone time for a while. Maybe even for a couple of days. Just Sayin!!

1 comment:

  1. Love SanAntonio's river walk--and love it when husbands are trapped with their wives!

    ReplyDelete